A bandaged finger--you're an official craftsman kit builder!
Lookin' good so far.
Hmm, yes. Thank you. That actually happened today with that Chopper II you see in one of the pictures. I had left it with the blade up and grabbed it, my but that blade is really REALLY
sharp. Let's put it this way, when I looked at it, it looked like I could have cut the tip of my finger off,
but it did not bleed and it still doesn't hurt. One side benefit, with this type of band-aid, it protects the tip of your finger from that pesky #17 blade. I just took the other band-aid off of my index finger and it had a cut in it from a sharp #17. (the band aid, I cut my finger trying to trim one of my dogs. He doesn't like to be trimmed and jerked away and I nailed my finger. Sharp scissors.)
AS for previous steps, although I did have to finish up the bracing on a couple of pieces. Here is that extremely useful Chopper II doing its work:
The we move onto applying the Canopy glue.
The more I work with this stuff, the more I like it. It seems to be stronger and set up faster than the previous stand-by, Elmers wood glue. I don't quite have a consistent hang of using it for window glazing, but I do like the effect. I have some issues getting it right. I tried it on the Marieneth Milling building and it really only worked on a few windows. I ended up having to cut the stuff out and use the acetate. I am planning on trying it again on this build.
Lastly this is how I ensure a good corner fit, using another piece of the bracing to ensure the first is in the proper location.
I finished priming some of the walls, so I will have a few more photos shortly.