Well, it is later and I added the windows, door and trim to the walls. Next will be the signs and some weathering.
I added the signs to the walls. The two large signs were sanded on the back, coated with a diluted white glue and placed on the wall lined up with the siding. I went over them with a burnishing tool that has a point that I used to press the signs into the siding to make them look like they were painted. The other smaller signs were just glued to the walls like metal signs. I dusted the walls with some artist’s chalks that I have had for years. I used some white, Burnt Sienna and Rust.
The windows were glazed using Canopy Glue and a shade was added to the top half of the large window on the front wall. The Shade was cut from a piece of Beige construction paper and attached with a little glue. The walls were assembled, squared and clamped until the glue dried. The 2 small walls in the middle were also glued and clamped until dry. While waiting for these to dry, I assembled the 4 walls of the Cupola and left them to dry. I painted some paper strips and applied them to the small flat roof.
I want to shingle the remaining roof sections, but I am not sure what I will use yet. I have some Campbell Shingles left over from a couple of Campbell buildings I have built in the past, and I might try them if they are still good.. I can stain them with some Floquil Stain, either Oak, Maple or maybe Walnut. I have all of the stain colors to choose from.
I need to take a break and repair some more Engines for my LHS.
This is what keeps me buying more kits to build. Some are easy, needing only wheels cleaned and a little lube in the motor and gears, and some need parts replaced that maybe I can get or I may have to jury rig something.
More to come,